I hate winter. Really, I do. I don’t understand why I continue to live in freaking Minnesota, because this is like the Capital of Winter. We have a damn Winter Carnival here, for crissakes. I can’t afford to ski or buy a snowmobile, and I don’t enjoy ice fishing, so what the hell can I be glad about? Well, there’s actually a few good things about Winter that I’m really looking forward to.
- Summit Winter Ale
- Being cool enough in the house to make nice soups and stews.
- Less summer outdoor activities that make my weekend busier than my week.
- The fireplace at the Washington Square Bar and Grill.
- Having time to write on my blog(s).
- Watching movies while curled up on the couch. (I’ve still never seen Fight Club!)
- Reverse parking lot shitty’s in my front wheel drive.
- Not feeling guilty about playing video games.
- Maybe, possibly, hopefully getting a vacation this year!
This, people, is the only thing keeping me from freaking out about the fact that it’s only 52 degrees right now, and it’s noon.